A Tall Tale
Visualise a baby gurgling happily in a crib with a mobile going
round and round. The mobile is of ice cream cups, cones and ice cream sticks.
Well that was me.
I love ice-creams.
I vividly remember. I
was a teenager then. In a mall I read a caption written in bold . ‘Challenge
Ice cream Lovers.....if you eat 50 scoops of ice cream in one sitting you will
win unlimited, free ice creams every day for a year.’ That was God sent, my ice
cream passion was burning a hole in my
parents’ pockets. I accepted the
challenge. Of course I won. Not 50 large
cone but 50 boxes of ice cream I ate that day. the breaking news on all channels was “wonder ice cream girl”. The poor ice- cream shop owner had to wind up
his business in just 3 days.
Don’t gasp I am
aware of the calories. But I take care of that well and good. I go for morning
walks . Zabeel Park dot at 7 . I do believe regular walk and an ice-cream a day
will keep the doctor away. And with all my ice-cream I am keeping him miles and
miles away. even if the doctor is
handsome...,no I would keep the ice cream away. I do not part with my
ice-cream.
I lived the coolest life till that fateful night.
It was 12 ...midnight.. A phone call .....Hello....’Rashmi
you have an ice cream date tomorrow , zabeel park 7 am’.. zabeel park 7 am’ ignored it and slept.
I was dancing with
ice-creams in my dream. They were kissing me I was licking them ...... the ice creams... . But suddenly I sat bolt upright. Last night’s
call! Oh the dancing ice creams had the
same messag. on them .....Zabeel Park 7 am.
I scrambled out of the bed and reached the park. I saw a regular walker. but he just passed me . No hi,
hello, not even a grin ...what a rude person....suddenly I noticed a child dribbling
with a foot ball on a collision path with me . As I was trying to avoid him he
went straight through me . I was stunned.. And then with abooooomthudddddthump a space
ship was in front of me . Nobody noticed
the dazzling light, the sonorous sound. One mechanical hand scooped me and
placed me in space ship. A strange pilot materialised and up we went over the
mountains . I never knew scaling heights
was so easy. Up higher up... Burj khalifa was dwarfed ... then we were gliding through ice-cream
clouds. I even scooped a handful and
tasted them.
boooooomthuddddthump
landed . The space ship went deep down a
crater. No light . pitch dark. booooo
mthudddddthump I landed. Dazzling lights
. ... I was standingin a cave with ice-cream icicles hanging down, amidst
strange people. Their bodies were of ice-cream sticks. Head of limbs torso everything......
“Welcome to planet Mars. We are Martians. You love for
ice-cream has brought you here.
Well we have an ice-cream factory. We produce mars ice-cream
here. Please meet our ice cream man ‘
Mr Einstein of ice cream’ . He has invented a new flavour. “ That was
incredible. Any ice cream flavour before hitting the market hits my nostrils .
“ It is our pleasure
to have you an ice-cream connoisseur as our
honoured guest . This way please. “
What a treat !
Machines whirling cream, pouring flavours Wow. I ate ice-cream, drank ice-cream
,slept on an ice-cream bed, Cleopatra would have been jealous of me I bathed in
creamy smooth silky ice-cream. What an experience!
Extra ordinary!Celestial!
Will you please spread a good word about our ice-cream on your
planet ?
Win win situation !
“ Am I going to be an ambassador for your ice-cream brand ?
like ketrina Kaif for Malabar jewellery ? Amitabh Bacchan ”
You will be ‘Director creative’ for our brand.”
You should distribute it where there is starvation, a quarrel
, a discord, a fight ..
Oh with this magic Mars ice-cream wand.
I took it with some doubt ...Starvation I could understand
but war ?
How do you do it ....With a cannon of ice cream target the
enemy ? or a gun with fried ice cream bullets
or like ancient times...... chocostick arrows . .” How do I know it works ?”
Look ....down there...
I saw . Three people were having an argument in a parking lot....
fighting over an empty parking place ..... words and fists flying in air
....tempers rising...
Just move your magic ice-cream wand.....
I did ...
And ....they were not fighting but talking amicably, enjoying
ice- cream , actually offering the ......place to each other.
And booooomthuddddthudthump...... I was standing on the
Zabeel park track. Hallucination
No this was the stick in my hand.... Don’t believe it ? Have
you heard about of any discord on Indo Pak border in the last few hours ? No no
? Well I was there with my Mars Ice Cream wand.
Now Stay tuned to your
TV , Radio News channels ......I am flying to Syria, Allepo Tomorrow. Will you.....?
Rasmi Luktuke
25/’10/16
No comments:
Post a Comment